Our days are spent in the virtual world. In fact, on average we spend about 29 hours a month online. Can you guess what site has the most visits? Google! If your business has a website, one of your goals should be boosting your search engine optimization. The better your SEO, the higher chance YOUR company will show up on Google’s first page (because who really goes past the first page anyway?) One way to improve your search engine rankings is to improve your bounce rate.
Bounce rate is the measure of time it takes before someone decides to leave your page. You have only about 8 seconds to grab your readers’ attention before they ‘bounce’. As you can see, that is not a lot of time.
1. Keep your website design clean and simple. To help keep potential clients and consumers on your page, make sure your website’s design is not cluttered and hard to navigate. Let it speak your brand, and be clear and concise in what your site and business is all about. You also want to keep it updated. Coca Cola does a great job at nailing these points. They have a hip clean design and their social media links are easy to access.
2. Speaking of social media, your links need to be clear and prominent. Love her or hate her, Lady Gaga is a social media genius. Her tweets are streamed live onto her site, and all her social media avenues are prominent. Your social media sites are a great way to market yourself. To leave an even stronger impression, make sure to link back to your website from your social media pages.
3. Don’t forget your phone number! Surprisingly, a lot of websites tend to forget to add their contact information…. including their phone number! We are living in a world with instant gratification, and that includes picking up the phone and contacting someone directly. If your phone number and email are not on your site, you could potentially be losing clients. Have all the contact info on your site and a link to your phone number so users can touch the number and call you from their phone. Taco Bell does a nice job of this.
4. Have a navigation bar that works! Your logo should be on every page on your website (why wouldn’t you want to give your logo lots of love!?) Your logo should also have a link to take you back to your home page. There is nothing more frustrating than trying to navigate your way through a website. Apple is a great example on having a reliable navigation bar which stays consistent throughout their site. The logo takes you back to the home page with just one click.
5. Have a Call to Action. A great call to action for your business should be located right on the home page. This is where you showcase your product and should have a quick summary to get people to take the next step of making a purchase. ATT offers a deal right on the landing page, so while you may be jumping on their page to pay a bill or get technical support, you’re greeted with an offer (score!)
We’d be happy to take a peek at your website to make sure you are optimizing the time your potential clients stay on your site. Email, call or click to tap us for more information. Catch us, of course, at https://fingerprintmarketing.com, Twitter or Facebook.