Do you know what’s better than a silver bullet when it comes to your marketing? A Video Case Story! That’s right, stories are the most engaging content. And that might not be all they’re good for – video case stories drive traffic, increase conversion, and speed up sales. Interested in learning how to properly collect or craft your own videos?
In this week’s episode of the Make Your Marketing podcast I talked to Ian Garlic of StoryCrews.com. He is a storyteller and videographer, and he helps his clients tell their stories. I know storytelling is a hot topic right now, and he has a whole system that starts with strategy and 56 ideas or more of how you can use video to tell your story. And also how to get storylines from your potential clients and your current clients. You’re going to want to listen to this episode. There’s so much good information that we unpack! ~Pia
About Ian Garlic
What happens when you put 1/2 cup cubed watermelon, 1 cup tequila, 1/2 cup lime juice and orange liqueur, 1 to 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 3 cups ice in a blender? You get a Delicious Watermelon Margarita.
What happens when you blend expertise in economics, marketing psychology, storytelling, digital marketing, and video?
You get Ian Garlic.
Ian is a best-selling author of 3 marketing books. He’s recorded 250 episodes of “The Garlic Marketing Show”, created over 10 marketing courses, and produced more than 2000 videos for his clients.
Ian is one of the country’s “go-to” Experts in Video Marketing and Storytelling.
Nothing will make you the authority faster than video, and Ian is here to give you the inside secrets to make that happen.
Highlights from the Conversation
- It’s important to get to know who you’re going to work with, and stories let customers connect.
- The reason we decide on anything is because of the “moment.”
- The best marketers market to situations.
- Ian helps people (and businesses) become the only choice.
- Start by actively collecting stories into a library.
- You have to tell great stories, you’re always battling cats, babies, and boobs.
- Videos of your stories will show up in search, and people trust Google more than they trust their family!
- Your stories can not only attract the right people, but repel those with who you don’t want to do business.
- “About Us” videos and stories are nearly as important as any other.
- The difference between testimonials and customer case stories.
- How to craft customer case stories of your own.
- The different types of videos each business should have.
- How to connect to and work with Ian!
- Want to learn how to make video testimonials that work? https://storycrews.com/pia