Do you feel reluctant to let your personality shine in business? Do you feel like you don’t know where the line is between genuine and being “professional” (whatever that means)? Maybe it’s because you’ve been conditioned over time to create this business persona. Or, you fear showing too much of yourself will alienate potential clients or customers.
Surprise! It’s actually the opposite. Joining me today is Danielle Hughes, and she recommends going all in on your brand. Whether you are a solopreneur, a small business, or a big brand, your audience is hungry for personality. They want someone or something to relate to. They crave humanity. That’s what drives connection.
Danielle will explain why it’s important to give your audience more of you and give some great tips on how to do just that. Join us for this kick-butt conversation! ~ Pia
About Danielle Hughes
Danielle Hughes is the Chief Personality Officer of More Than Words Marketing, a Branding and Copywriting Consultancy. She helps people and the brands that target them to develop their Genuine Personality Brand, creating content that sounds like you and giving you the space to truly be yourself in your messaging.
She’s been called a wordsmith, a magician, a copywriter extraordinaire, a lifesaver and a badass. Four of these are accurate. Eh, who is she kidding, they’re all accurate.
In her multi-decade career, Danielle has strategized and written content for some of the biggest (and the smallest) companies including: eBay, Google, Discovery Channel, TD Bank, Gap, Visa, Catalyst, SEO, Columbia University, the JED Foundation and more.
And while she can’t pull a rabbit out of her hat, she can hone your brand message, engage your audience and deadlift you or your employees, but not at the same time. That’s just irresponsible. (note: Danielle is available for office party tricks and accepts payment in bottles of Bordeaux.)
Highlights from the Conversation
- Welcome to episode 36!
- Danielle explains what a Personality Brand is.
- Our personality is who we innately who we are and helps differentiate you from your competition.
- Sharing more of yourself is better! Show what you want to show, things that make you excited.
- This applies to employees and team members as well as the business owners.
- Use the tone of your website copy to show your personality and that your business is not boring.
- Danielle gives some good tips on how to set up your About Page.
- People really care about the people behind the scenes of the brands and businesses they support.
- How to work with your SEO team when trying to show your personality within your web copy.
- Show your personality in a variety of places including your ‘out of office’ messaging.
- Does AI-enhanced copy work?
- How to connect with Danielle. Sign up for the newsletter and get some ideas for your own ‘out of office’ message.
Please be sure to follow us on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, or your favorite podcast app!