Email Marketing For Manufacturing Businesses
This is part four in our series: Marketing Your Manufacturing Business Online Effectively.
An email marketing campaign is essential to a manufacturer’s overall marketing strategy.
After all, email is the number one digital marketing channel. Email has the highest ROI of any marketing channel available, a median
ROI of 122%!
With 3.7 billion email users in the world today, using email is an excellent way for manufacturers to introduce their products and services to customers, potential customers, and distributors. With an effective marketing strategy in place, manufacturers will be able to create and maintain a lifelong loyal customer list.
How Can Manufacturing Companies Improve ROI with Email Marketing?
Most people today will research a product or service online before buying. A successful Email strategy will guide prospective clients from first being introduced to your products to buying your products and then to rely on your valuable and informative content, and finally, to trust your company to be their first choice for products over and over again. The long-term effects of your Email strategy are a loyal customer base and increased revenue for your company. Here are some things to consider when planning your email strategy:
- The look of emails can now be customized and personalized. Take advantage of this by customizing your layout, modifying colors and images to match your brand and adding call-to-action buttons. Also, according to Experian, emails with personalized subject lines are 26% more likely to be opened.
- Build your email list by allowing customers to opt-in to receive your emails. You can add sign-up forms to any part of your website. Building your email list this way will give you a high-quality list of customers who are already interested in your business.
- Educate your email recipients about the products you manufacture, your services, and your industry. Send recipients content that will encourage them to not only open your email, but also help them to make a purchase, and keep them interested in your products. Buyers welcome emails that contain useful items and information, things like how-to videos for products, technical specifications for products along with product pictures, or brochures and e-booklets, discount coupons for a future purchase, updates about safety standards, and significant trends in your industry. You can also send links to your blog posts and other content you have created online; this has the added benefit of sending traffic to your website!
- Send your email at an appropriate time for individual subscribers, especially if they are global. An email has a higher chance of being opened if it is at a reasonable time of day for that individual. Make sure you know the time zones of your subscribers.
- Automate your email marketing. Automation allows your customers to consistently get the information they may want and at the right time. Perhaps a customer asks about a particular product; the message that should be automatically generated would include information about that product. A follow-up message might consist of a video on how to use the product; another follow-up message might have information on similar products, and so on, until a purchase is made. Future emails to this particular customer might be a loyalty discount coupon for their next purchase. Once you have the groundwork done, automating your emails makes email marketing one of the most affordable marketing strategies there is.
- Don’t forget to ask repeat customers for a positive review. Reviews go a long way to help other customers to buy. Reviews also boost your SEO.
- Use the email marketing tools available to you. Analytics can give you valuable information about customer behavior, the performance of your subscriber forms, the effectiveness of different kinds of content, and the ability to compare various campaigns.
- Finally, make sure your email campaigns are mobile-friendly. Traffic from mobile users is vital to your business. The way people receive and read emails has changed along with the increasing use of mobile devices.
Email marketing has proven results for manufacturers. With the highest return on investment, low cost to implement, and the ability to create and maintain a loyal customer list, manufacturers should make sure to include the above elements in their marketing strategy for a successful email campaign.
This post is the fourth in our series of 6 posts dedicated to marketing your manufacturing business online, feel free to navigate through all of these posts: