Are you better than your competition? Highly likely… And, if you are better than the competition, prospects must find you. My guest today, Mike Michalowicz feels it would be a disservice if they hire a competitor because they never knew you existed.
Mike realized that you need to market differently to stand out and get noticed. His new book, Get Different, details how you can do this for your business. It’s chock-full of great strategies and techniques that are proven to attract your ideal prospects and quality leads. Listen to this episode, then read this book to set yourself apart from the competition and grow your business! ~ Pia
About Mike Michalowicz
By his 35th birthday MIKE MICHALOWICZ (pronounced mi-‘kal-o-wits) had founded and sold two multi-million dollar companies. Confident that he had the formula to success, he became a small business angel investor…and proceeded to lose his entire fortune.
Then he started all over again, driven to find better ways to grow healthy, strong companies. Mike has devoted his life to the research and delivery of innovative, impactful entrepreneurial strategies to you. On mission to serve you, he has created perennially top selling books including: Profit First, The Pumpkin Plan, Clockwork, and Fix This Next.
In Get Different, Mike reinvents the way marketing is done. In it you will discover the most effective and radically simple marketing system in existence.
Highlights from the Conversation
- Welcome to episode 26!
- Mike has a new book, Get Different!
- If you are better than the competition, you have a responsibility to market, so customers can find you.
- When you get noticed, consumers can make an educated decision.
- How to find your “Different.”
- Your marketing needs to be congruent with the experience of working with you.
- Whatever your natural tendency is, lean into the “est.”
- If you fake it in your marketing, you’ll have to fake it in your service.
- How to figure out what makes your business unique.
- Mike’s “Opposite Technique” to help you stand out to new prospects.
- For new prospects, we have to win their attention, for established clients, we have to retain their attention.
- The “What? What?!” technique to “RND”: Rip-off and duplicate.
- Brainstorming with others outside your industry can help break you out of the box.
- The “Blend Technique” to take a strategy from another industry and implement it into yours.
- Different marketing doesn’t mean complication or outrageous, but it does mean empathetic.
- Mike’s other new book, My Money Bunnies: Fun Money Management for Kids
- Be sure and check out all of Mike’s great books and free resources available on his website!
Please be sure to follow on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, or your favorite podcast app!