Podcast listeners are loyal, affluent, and educated. And with over 50% of the U.S. population considering themselves a podcast “fan,” that’s a lot of ears in which you could be streaming your message. Podcasting is trending upward, and if you want to stake your claim in your market with an authority building and magnetic show, the time is now.
I’m excited about today’s guest James Hamilton Healy. He is our podcast producer and strategist, and he’s been amazing, working with us to help our clients launch their podcasts. There are many reasons for starting a podcast and many benefits that you may not be aware of, and we’re going to go over that in today’s episode.
Podcasting allows you more than any other medium to build a faster and stronger relationship with your audience. When you think about it, when a person is listening to you, your voice is in their ear literally. It’s intimate. They can pick up on your intonation, the emotion in your voice.
And not only are listeners loyal, but they are also on the go, and in today’s mobile world, podcasting fits in perfectly. Listeners can connect while walking the dog, cleaning up the kitchen, getting ready for work in the morning, or driving a car.
We all know our customers get to know, like, and trust us through the content we create. Podcasting helps you quickly create high-value content for repurposing. Podcast episodes allow for multiple content asset creation including, social media posts, blog articles, book chapters, and press releases.
Listen in as we unpack some of these benefits, and feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions or want to learn more about starting your show!
James Hamilton Healy helps professionals position themselves as experts and get their message heard. He specializes in helping you connect and engage with your ideal clientele as a thought leader in your field.
He’s a best-selling author, a podcast host, and producer, and a book publisher. He’s also a Certified StoryBrand Guide and has developed a system for implementing the proven StoryBrand messaging framework into powerful authority position strategies like book authorship, podcast hosting, and more.
If you dream of growing your business and helping more of your clients find the solutions to their problems, he can help.
James lives in beautiful Bozeman, Montana where he loves to share outdoor adventures with his 8-year-old son Dutch.
Highlights from the Conversation
- How James got started in podcasting.
- What can podcasting do for you and your business?
- Podcasting is a great way to create content that allows you to repurpose it into more content bites.
- Having a podcast helps build your authority and creates partnerships.
- Audio is an intimate and highly empathic way to connect.
- Podcasting fits well into our highly mobile world.
- Podcast listeners are engaged and loyal.
- Listeners are often seeking solutions to problems and new ideas or ways of thinking about things.
- Podcast episodes are evergreen, and the content sticks around for a long time.
- People often think they don’t have enough to say when thinking about podcasting; simply not true.
- Chances are your direct competitors, especially in a local market, don’t have a podcast.
- Podcasting is narrowcasting, not broadcasting, allowing you to target your message to your exact audience.
- Having a podcast in your marketing funnel is a long-game strategy, like SEO, and your efforts will snowball over time.
- You will get better over time as a podcast host. Practice helps!
- A story of podcasting success, how a business was able to grow through podcasting.
- Is podcasting right for you? It could very well be a great fit!
Interested in Starting a Show? Click ‘Get A Quote’ today!