And the answer isn’t always black and white.
There are advantages to having an in-house marketing team – for sure.
You hold the reins. You make the calls.
But you also have to pay the salaries and provide the benefits. Not to mention having to recruit all the right positions to fill out your talented dream team in the first place.
Truth is, it can be dad-blamed expensive to hire an entire in-house marketing team. Many smart businesses these days, especially small- and medium-sized ones, are choosing outsourced marketing instead. In fact, the global outsourcing market has just about doubled in size over the past eight years and is expected to keep on growing moving forward.
Outsourcing can be so much more cost-effective, resulting in almost 70% savings on workforce costs! And you can hand over the reins to a team of qualified expert marketers who understand all the things: web development and web design (yes, those are two different jobs), content marketing, copywriting, strategy, graphic design, social media, ads, and many other essential services required in modern times.
Think of it this way. You could hire an entire marketing agency for the price of about one full-time marketing employee (or even less).
Now that the cat’s out of the bag, let’s look closer at a few essential questions you really should be asking when weighing the pros and cons of outsourced marketing:
- What value will I get from outsourcing my marketing?
- How much should I be spending on my marketing efforts?
- How do I know if working with an agency is right for my business?
Let’s dive in, shall we?
What Do I Get When I Outsource My Marketing?
Make sure the value outweighs the cost. Here’s the value side of the equation.https://youtu.be/gJNGujdqUUc
1. An Agency with Lots of Knowledge
Marketing agencies have a broad perspective of what works and what doesn’t from working with a diverse range of clients. They’ll use their vast knowledge to help you reach your industry-specific business goals. They can also help you identify trends in your industry as well as any blind spots you may have.
An agency comprises individuals who have chosen to spend their lives learning how to market well. Good marketers are lifelong learners and creative problem solvers. They have to be. Online marketing is always changing. Many agencies provide their staff with ongoing training and resources so they can continue to develop their skills and learn new ones. Consider outsourced marketing if you want your business to stay at the front of the curve.
2. Skilled Experts in a Whole Bunch of Areas
These days, you can find an agency that offers all of the following services if you need them. Just keep in mind that bigger (and pricier) agencies are typically the ones capable of offering more specialized services.
- Email marketing
- Copywriting (writing that sells!)
- Content writing (for your website, blog, ebooks, etc.)
- Graphic design
- Analytics, data management, and reporting
- UX (user experience) design
- Social media
- Website design, development, and maintenance
- SEO (search engine optimization)
- SEM (search engine marketing)
- Video production
- Project management
- Market research
Imagine hiring enough people to cover all this stuff in house!
3. A Cost-Effective, Long-Term Solution
Remember how we said outsourcing your marketing costs less than hiring a full-time employee? Let’s break that down a bit more.
Bringing on a new employee – let’s say a digital marketer who makes $60,000 per year, you have to pay for onboarding costs, their salary, insurance, PTO, and any other benefits your company offers. You also need someone to manage that employee. And they’ll expect regular raises over time.
Outsourcing your digital marketing to an agency could cost you anywhere from $1,000 – $20,000 per month. Now that’s a HUGE range. We get it. The point is that you should be able to find an agency that offers the services you need and fits your budget.
Is Partnering with an Outsourced Marketing Agency Right for Me?
We’ll let you answer this one yourself by walking through the following questions. If you answer “no way Jose” to any of them, outsourcing could be a smart move for your business.
- Are your current marketing efforts generating impressive ROI?
- Do you have very few marketing needs for your business?
- Does your company have the bandwidth and skillsets to cover all your marketing needs?
- Do you understand marketing strategy?
- Can you afford to hire or keep an entire in-house marketing team?
- Do you know where sales are coming from and how your marketing is affecting them? Do you have closed-loop reporting in place?
- Will outsourcing cost you more time and money than your current marketing efforts?
- Do you have a robust online presence?
Outsourced Marketing for Your Business
Fingerprint Marketing (that’s us!) is a full-service digital marketing agency with the staff to swing all of your super-cool projects. If you’re interested in outsourcing your marketing, we’d love to get you on the phone!
You can schedule a (totally free) strategy call with us, where we’ll chat about your marketing and business goals and get you a quote. Schedule a Discovery Call today!