Joining me for this episode is Jodi Daniels of Red Clover Advisors. They simplify data privacy practices, so your business can go beyond compliance, build trust with customers, and gain a competitive edge. Customers demand compliance and transparency, and your privacy management needs to be in order if you hope to gain their trust and business. During our informative and interesting conversation, Jodi and I cover privacy policies, cookie consent, data collection, GDPR, and more. But it still feels like the tip of the iceberg! Jodi recommends businesses seek out help from a lawyer or privacy officer for your regulation compliance, much like you would hire a CPA to help with your accounting. No matter where you’re at with your privacy, listen in to this episode! ~ Pia
About Jodi Daniels
Jodi Daniels is Founder and CEO of Red Clover Advisors, a privacy consultancy, that brings data privacy strategy and compliance together with its flexible and scalable approach that simplifies data privacy complexity, refines, updates or builds privacy structure, and makes both the business and the legal issues accessible and actionable for all. Jodi is a Certified Informational Privacy Professional and serves as the outsourced privacy office for companies.
Highlights from the Conversation
- Welcome to episode 35!
- Why privacy compliance is more important than ever.
- There are certain laws you need to comply with as a business.
- Customers want to know what you are doing with their data.
- Transparency and data protection build trust, 80% of customers are looking for it!
- Customers learned certain businesses didn’t do things the right way.
- It is best to hire a privacy professional instead of using a generator.
- Never copy a policy from another business!
- Where do you store customer data? Is it secure?
- Much of privacy compliance depends on where the customer is located.
- What is GDPR and when do you need to comply with it?
- Document what data you are collecting, along with how you collect and store it.
- How do make sure you are compliant with every state?
- Privacy is now just another slice of doing business, hire a professional.
- Where you can get up-to-date privacy compliance information.
- A lot of businesses get cookies wrong.
- Visit Jodi’s site to learn more and take a quiz to see how compliant you are!