Is being a guest on podcasts a part of your marketing strategy? It should be if it isn’t! Podcast guesting, or getting booked as a guest on an interview-style podcast, can be a powerful way to get your message to your ideal audience. It can also get you in front of new audiences while increasing your credibility as the authority in your field.
Today I’m chatting with Julie Fry, founder of Your Expert Guest, a podcast publicity, strategy, and booking agency. We cover a lot in this episode, because this strategy is great for your overall marketing game. From improving your SEO and building your network, to capturing more leads and sales, podcast guesting can be a perfect fit for you. Especially if you are someone who does not like or is tired of spending hours on social media.
Leverage other people’s audiences and grow your business! I’m a super fan of this strategy that allows you to connect with more experts in your field and ideal customers! ~ Pia
About Julie Fry
Julie Fry is the Founder of Your Expert Guest, a podcast publicity and booking agency.
Her secret sauce is creating meaningful connections between people that become clients, collaborators, resources, mentors, and friends. Prior to Your Expert Guest, she founded a national networking organization supporting women balancing motherhood and entrepreneurship. She also honed her relationship-based sales strategies as the first employee for Chuckit!, the recognizable line of dog toys.
She’s passionate about supporting small businesses and helping experts share their messages with larger audiences. When she’s not working with clients, you can find her walking her crazy Chihuahua-Jack Russell, having dance-offs with her kids, being mildly obsessed with Conan O’Brian, enjoying life with her husband and listening to some of her favorite podcasts.
Highlights from the Conversation
- Welcome to episode 30!
- How Julie stumbled across the idea for her business, and how it’s a perfect fit for her.
- Some of the major benefits of being a guest on a podcast. (Hint: it’s perfect for those who do not like marketing.)
- Repurposing the podcast interview and content can amplify your results.
- Make sure you know what you want listeners to do next when you conclude the interview.
- Keeping the call-to-action simple will help listeners avoid confusion and follow through.
- A podcast interview is simply a conversation about how you can provide value to the audience.
- Be selective about which podcasts you are seeking interviews on, find your target audience.
- Be clear about your offer and how you serve your clients.
- Also know your ideal client’s problems and pain points.
- You don’t have to be a professional speaker to start.
- Julie shares some success stories about how podcast guesting has worked for others.
- Having a One Sheet Media Kit can be a huge help to the host, and they will love you for it!
- Tech tip: Get a quality microphone and use earbuds or headphones.
- If you’re in business, you have something to share, just get started.
- As a guest your authority in your field will be boosted.
- How to connect with Julie!
Please be sure to follow on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, or your favorite podcast app!