The art of selling can be overwhelming and uncomfortable if you don’t have a process to follow. And can I let you in on a little secret? Selling isn’t about you. It’s about the person in conversation with you. It’s about your lead. Your prospect. Your connection. How you can make the selling process as easy as possible for them, so they get clear on whether they need what you’re offering.
Today I’m talking with Nikki Rausch, a sales expert and coach. And you should get ready to take a few notes, because she’s dropping value bombs all throughout the conversation. Discovery calls, how to get the most of them. We also go through her 5-step sales process, The Selling Staircase, this is priceless! You’ll even learn the difference between “Dog Calling” and “Cat Calling.” And Nikki reveals the three secrets of the losing process. Plus so many more golden nuggets.
Remember, selling isn’t selfish. Selling is ultimately providing value to your prospects in a way that makes them excited to exchange their dollars for your offer. Why? Because they are confident that your offer will change their lives and that transformation is worth the money.
Listen to this, and you’ll see why I have hired Nikki as my Sales Coach, she is amazing! ~ Pia
About Nikki Rausch
CEO of Sales Maven, an organization dedicated to authentic selling, Nikki Rausch has the unique ability to transform the misunderstood process of “selling”.
With 25+ years of experience selling to such prestigious organizations as The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Hewlett-Packard, and NASA, Nikki shattered sales records in many industries, receiving multiple “top producer” awards along the way.
Today, entrepreneurs and small business owners from a wide range of disciplines hire Nikki to show them how to sell successfully and authentically, without being pushy or salesy.
An engaging and sought-after speaker, she shares the secrets of her sales success through illuminating keynote addresses and business-changing workshops. Her robust Sales Maven Society ignites game-changing outcomes for clients.
Nikki’s three popular books are available at Amazon. “The Selling Staircase”, “Buying Signals” and “Six-Word Lessons on Influencing with Grace”.
Tune in to her podcast, Sales Maven now. It can be found on your favorite podcast platform.
Highlights from the Conversation
- How Nikki became a sales pro and got into coaching.
- “What form of payment would you lie to use?” – Making it easy for customers to move forward!
- Ask sincere questions like, “What else can I do to earn your business?”
- People will give you authentic answers to your good questions.
- The Selling Staircase – A 5-step process to getting more sales!
- A seller’s job is to walk a client through the steps, but don’t skip any.
- Make a powerful first impression and don’t forget to introduce yourself.
- Create curiosity – Dog calling versus cat calling!
- Invite people to the next step, if you recognize the buying signals.
- Ask strategic questions that lead to them hiring you, or you identifying that it’s not a good fit.
- Don’t just offer up a solution, ask permission.
- Lay out your recommendation with clarity and as the expert.
- Issue “close” language as a yes or no question like, “Is this something you would like to move forward with?”
- After your closing question, just be quiet, wait, and listen Let them make a decision.
- Selling past the close can cause confusion, muddy the water, and they won’t decide.
- Nikki shares some obvious, but often missed buying signals.
- Relationship Selling – Sales isn’t something you do to somebody, it’s something you do with someone.
- Having a sales structure to follow allows your natural personality to come through.
- Every prospect isn’t going to be a good fit, which is good! – “Love me or hate me, there’s no money in the middle.”
- How to connect with Nikki Rausch!
- Free eBook “Closing the Sale”
- The Selling Staircase by Nikki Rausch
- Buying Signals by Nikki Rausch
- Wonderworks: The 25 Most Powerful Inventions in the History of Literature by Angus Fletcher