Today I am talking with Hayk Saakian, a leading SEO specialist and app developer, about tactics you can quickly and easily employ to boost your search engine rankings. If you make these tweaks and work on your SEO game consistently, you will see results over time.
Hayk and I break down the three-legged Search Engine Optimization stool:
- Technical factors – is your website built soundly, is it easy for Google to understand.
- Content – the actual words on your site, do they match what consumers are looking to find.
- Link factors – your online digital presence, are you considered reputable.
We go into detail about all three of these pivotal aspects of SEO and give you some great tips for quick wins, along with long-term strategies and solutions.
Competition can be fierce, and Google wants searchers to have a good consumer experience. If you can implement some of these tactics and create that better experience, you’ll get rewarded with a higher ranking and more visitors.
I am sure you will get a lot out of this episode. SEO is one of my favorites, if not THE favorite marketing strategy for many of our clients… and myself!
Hayk Saakian has been developing apps and building businesses from an early age. He designed and developed the Pacific Middle School’s website as a 6th-grader and in high school, developed a series of Android apps that accumulated over 300,000 downloads on the Google Play Store.
After studying computer science at UC Berkeley, Hayk’s passion as an entrepreneur led him to drop out and start Skyreal, a real estate estate recruitment SaaS. Hayk poured all of his experience as a developer and entrepreneur into Logic Inbound, where he now helps his team execute on high-performing marketing campaigns for billion-dollar businesses.
Hayk has landed coverage on the WordPress Podcast, Search Talk Live for iHeartRadio, the Blind Entrepreneur Podcast among many others.
Highlights from the Conversation
- SEO’s three-legged stool – technical factors, content, and link factors.
- There is usually a strategy behind the businesses that rank well.
- Google will often tell you what is wrong and why your site does not rank well but rarely gives you the steps to fix it.
- A simple mistake we have seen people make – check this box to fix it.
- Google reads the text on your site, so it is crucial to have content that makes sense to searchers.
- GMB – Google My Business, every local business should have and optimize their free listing.
- Google likes faster websites because it allows them to consume fewer resources.
- On-page written content should be about 2500 words long and focused on one topic or customer question.
- Different products, categories, or industries you serve should each have a separate page.
- Backlinks – why they are vital and how to get some good ones.
- Why is SEO so expensive?! It is all about real estate; location, location, location.