Senior Web Designer for Leading Online Branding Agency
Looking For Fulfilling Freelance Work With An Incredible Team Of Creatives?
Why work with FPM:
Straight from our team members…
Fingerprint Marketing is comprised of true professionals, and there’s nothing like feeling at home with a team run as effectively and efficiently as they are. – Milena Hrebacka, Graphic Designer
Working with Fingerprint Marketing is fantastic, and the whole team is incredibly friendly and personable. Not only that, but they have it together! They are incredibly organized with systems and processes that they continually tweak and improve to keep things running smoothly. As a contractor, I juggle lots of projects and clients. Because they are so great at project management, I’m able to give my own project productivity a boost. – Erica Bishop, Copywriter
Fingerprint Marketing’s commitment to the client’s business is amazing! The opportunity as a team member to constantly improve and grow is extremely fulfilling. – Amy Ferree, Project Manager
We’re looking for two types of people:
- You’re wildly successful in your current career but tired of the commute, politics, and lack of ownership over your work. You want to transition into freelance work (or perhaps you already have) so you can control your time and income, but you don’t want the headache and hassle of building and filling a new business. You want to continue contributing your expertise while experiencing a richer and more balanced lifestyle.
- You used to enjoy a successful career, but you chose to leave that path at some point. You were initially attracted to the entrepreneurial lifestyle because of its freedom, flexibility, and pay raise, but you’ve been struggling to fill your business and make a steady income stream. You’re tired of the inconsistency but don’t want to give up the amazing lifestyle you sacrificed so much to create. You want to make money while making a difference in the world.
You’re looking for work with people like us:
- Conscious team who know their work matters but keep it real when it comes to balancing life and work
- Low drama, high results, and talented in our areas of expertise
- We embrace growth and excellence, and support each other on our journeys
You want a “big break” that will jumpstart your career, and you’re eager to make great money while maintaining an independent lifestyle.
Fingerprint Marketing is an industry-leading Digital Marketing and Design Agency seeking a talented Senior Web Designer with a proven track record in creating iconic digital & online brands. This includes identity design, UX/UI and responsive web design in a business context.
Fingerprint Marketing seeks a conceptual thinker and hands-on creative to translate thoughtful strategies into engaging design solutions. Designers at Fingerprint collaborate on projects ranging from micro-campaigns to overarching identity systems spanning all touch-points for national brands. Designer will develop creative ideas and designs, and execute them across branding and marketing materials such as signage, publication/print, packaging, and web. This role demands up-to-date knowledge of industry trends, software and a professional approach to time and deadlines.
We’re looking for someone who can manage the entire design process from concept to finished product. They must have strong communication and organizational skills and be able to express ideas clearly both internally and externally, verbally and in writing. This includes internal communication with the agency director, creative director, operations manager and development team, as well as external client-facing communication.
We are looking for someone with a growth-mentality, the humility to take creative direction from the team and clients without ego, and desire to learn the best principles of direct response marketing. We are known for balancing gorgeous design with conversion. We’re not focused on winning awards, all our projects are based on using design and branding to boost business results for our clients, while pushing the envelope of what’s working in online marketing today.
- Local preferred
- Part time (10-20 hours/week)
*We’re looking to develop a LONG-TERM partnership with a minimum one-year contract.
Does this sound like you?
- Highly personable
- Can act with authority and leadership
- Team player
- Someone who knows how to ‘close the loop’
- Appreciate and welcomes constructive feedback
It’s really important to us that you understand how a successful business runs. Our clients are movers and shakers and need to get the best bang for their buck with maximum value and minimal time investment.
- Design concepts, mockups and wireframes from a project brief.
- Communicate with clients during the project (either in person, on the phone or via email)
- Manage client feedback on design work
- Research, ideation, concepting, design, and production for print and web in line with defined strategy
- Participation in critiques and conceptualization sessions with team members
- Effective communication with team to ensure reasonable workload and met timelines
- Maintain high awareness of design issues, trends, and emerging technologies with a view to incorporating these into projects
- A strong and creative portfolio of web design work (including e-commerce web design). Please send a link when you apply. I know talent when I see it and your portfolio should be current and awesome!
- Strong graphic design skills, including layout, typography and color.
- Good understanding of usability and design patterns.
- Strong Adobe Photoshop skills.
- Excellent communication, organization and time management skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in design or design related studies
- 4+ years professional experience in a design, web design, marketing, advertising, public relations agency or in-house studio
- Extremely strong design portfolio demonstrating stylistic depth and a mastery of typography in both digital and print media
- Proficiency of Adobe Creative Suite and related design software
- Knowledge of printing processes, paper stocks, and proofing methods
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, a creative and collaborative mind, and a keen attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to self prioritize tasks and successfully manage time
- Ability to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Strong written & oral communication as well as presentation skills
If this sounds like you, here’s how to apply…
Simply send us an email answering the following questions:
- Where do you live?
- Do you know your personality type?
- What interests you about this position?
- What’s your current work position, and what you do currently?
- How much time would you have to devote to this position?
- On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the highest), how much are you looking for something long-term?
- Give a brief description of your background/experience?
- How do you feel your experience lines up with the tools and softwares listed above?
- What hourly rate are you looking for?
- What is your greatest strength?
- Are there any life situations or circumstances that could get in the way of your work with us?
- Attach your resume
Please send your answers to email@example.com, and if this looks like a match for someone you know, send them this link listing.
About Fingerprint Marketing:
We specialize in designing and developing unique, high-quality, responsive websites, crafting creative branding and supporting graphic collateral and building online marketing strategies that generate and convert leads to business.