Despite the popularity of social media, many small business owners don’t feel social media savvy. Their strength is usually in what they do or offer. That’s understandable and perhaps you even feel this way. However, the reality is that marketing is what’ll allow you to keep doing what you love and are so good at, and social media marketing is especially important these days.
Today I’m chatting with Jason Yormark of Socialistics, a social media marketing agency with a truckload of great tips and experience. A lot of businesses dabble in social media marketing just because they feel like they need to, as a “check box” marketing strategy. But there are specific platforms and approaches you should keep in mind depending upon your ideal customer.
If you’re wondering how to use social media for your business, look no further than some of the tips in this episode or reach out to Jason and tap into his free tools available at Socialistics. Social media can be a powerful marketing channel if used correctly, and you shouldn’t be afraid to utilize it. I guarantee your customers are there, and you can connect with them! ~Pia
About Jason Yormark
Jason Yormark is the owner and founder of Socialistics, a leading B2B social media agency that helps businesses turn their social media efforts into real measurable results. He is a 20+ year marketing veteran whose prior work has included launching and managing social media efforts for Microsoft Advertising, Office for Mac, the Air Force, and Habitat for Humanity.
Jason has been recognized as a top B2B social media influencer and thought leader on multiple lists and publications including Forbes, ranking #30 on their 2012 list. Jason is a published author having released his first book in 2017 and currently resides in Snohomish, WA. You can learn more about Jason and catch more of his writing on his personal blog https://www.jasonyormark.com.
Highlights from the Conversation
- Jason tells the story of working with the U.S. Air Force on their social media.
- Social Media is a huge opportunity still in so many ways.
- Platforms often depend on the industry and customers.
- It’s good to focus on the more mature platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- “It’s better to be great at less than average at everything.”
- Do social ads make sense for you?
- How Jason got into the Social Media marketing business.
- Why social media makes a great way to create momentum and growth.
- LinkedIn is a very professional and targeted environment.
- It’s probably best to focus on whether you are getting leads and sales than simply engagement.
- Visual movement in your posts and ads will increase conversions. (Doesn’t have to be video!)
- Schmitty’s Snuff case study: a successful social media approach.
- Your personal opinion shouldn’t dictate your social media plan.
- Social media and Search Engine Optimization support each other and go hand-in-hand.
- People are online and using social media more than ever!
- Connect with Jason to get a Social Media Scorecard and an Ad Budget Calculator.