WordPress Maintenance Services
With all the different types of content management services available, according to a recent survey, WordPress powers 35% of all websites on the internet. Your WordPress website is the face of your online company. It took a lot of work to put together all the technical elements; software, plugins, themes and hosting with all your creative content, images and texts, to make the website of your dreams. Certainly, you want to keep it looking and running perfectly. Maintaining your WordPress website is a big part of what we do, check out our website maintenance service plans here.
Why Is Updating A WordPress Website So Important?
WordPress is constantly introducing new features; WordPress has thousands of plugins for its users, bugs are being fixed and security issues are being dealt with. We love WordPress because of all their features, but that also means it is constantly being updated. When WordPress has an update, all the parts that make up your site will need to be updated also, keeping it secure and functioning optimally.
How We Keep Your WordPress Site Protected
Here are a few vital things we do to maintain your WordPress website:
- BACK IT UP; this is the most important thing that must be done regularly. We back up your database daily and do a FULL weekly backup. We perform secure off-site backups of your database and file system so your website can function normally while we work on it. If something goes wrong with the technology, your site can be restored to the most recent backup and you will never lose your valuable work to server or database crashes again!
- SECURE YOUR SITE; besides backing up your WordPress site, we review your security logs, the access and error logs, to check for unusual activity. Reviewing these logs plus backing up your site protects you from hackers and other security threats.
- KEEP IT UP TO DATE; we keep your core WordPress, installed themes, and plugins updated to the latest version so it is up to date with any security fixes or new features WordPress has added.
- OPTIMIZE YOUR DATABASE; this is important because this is where all your content is stored, including blog posts, pages, images, videos, and settings, etc. We do a thorough housecleaning on unused plugins, oversized images, unwanted spam and more. Optimizing your database improves performance which makes your site run faster! Remember, having an optimized website also improves your websites performance on search engines!
- FIND AND FIX ERRORS AND BROKEN LINKS; keeping this up to date makes for a better user experience and will help improve bounce rates.
- OPTIMIZE YOUR WP CONTENT AND SEO; our SEO experts review your google analytics. Data from Google analytics as well as Google Search Console gives us valuable information that we use in deciding what actions are necessary to improve your SEO. For additional information on SEO and how we can optimize your website, review our page on Custom Website Design.
- 24/7 SUPPORT; we are here for you. Enjoy the convenience of having our web experts available via phone or email.
How Often Should WordPress Website Maintenance Be Done?
How often maintenance should be done will depend on the type of business you have and how much traffic your site sees. We recommend every 3-6 months for most maintenance tasks; however, as mentioned earlier, some things are done more often like backing up your database. We back up your database daily and do a full weekly backup.
If this all seems overwhelming, let FingerPrint Marketing manage your site so you can do the things you love. This is what keeps you competitive in the marketplace.
Call us today for more information on how we can help you maintain your WordPress website.