WordPress Developer (Part-time, long-term relationship)
We’re looking to add a WordPress developer to our team! This remote contractor position will work as needed with our creative team to build custom, responsive WordPress websites for clients nationwide.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Experience converting PSD files into pixel-perfect WordPress themes
- Experience customizing WordPress themes
- Thorough knowledge of both back end and front end development
- Experience with responsive design
- Demonstrated experience with designing WordPress sites from the ground up
- Experience with version control systems
- Experience with Advanced Custom Fields
- Ability to write CSS that is widely adopted by browsers, using flexbox for example instead of CSS grid.
- Expertise in translating designs with a good understanding of usability and attention to UX
- Excellent organization skills and strong desire to meet deadlines
- Computer access and a reliable Internet connection
IT WOULD BE AWESOME IF YOU HAD
- Experience writing and modifying plugins
- Knowledge of ecommerce platforms
- An eye for design
- Experience with WooCommerce
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Development of custom WordPress site themes
- Provide input related to website architecture and UX
- Meet deadlines or communicate delays
- Provide second-tier support for help desk team members
- Recommend changes or services that could improve website success
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates
- Additional coding as necessary, including Facebook applications, WordPress plugins, and email marketing templates
- Advise on technical requirements & resources for proposal development
- Basically, function as the indispensable technical right-hand for the business owner and awesome boss!
WE LOOK FOR THE FOLLOWING IN OUR WEB DEVELOPERS:
The Web Development role requires excellent verbal and written communications skills, working closely with clients, hosting companies, contractors, and our design team using email, Zoom, Skype, project management system, and phone.
Beyond the focus of day-to-day activities, improvement of our websites as a whole is an important consideration. The Web Developer must stay current with website and search engine optimization best practices and be able to apply that knowledge. In addition, the ability to see and suggest ways to streamline and improve agency processes -we are also looking for new methods to improve our service.
Ambitious individuals thrive at Fingerprint Marketing. We encourage contributions from all team members and appreciate motivation, initiative, high energy and a thorough attention to detail. Advising designers and mentoring interns will help the entire team to thrive.
We are seeking a team player who can contribute to the company culture with out-of-the-box thinking, dynamic personality, creativity, a good sense of humor.
About Fingerprint Marketing:
We specialize in designing and developing unique, high-quality, responsive websites, crafting creative branding and supporting graphic collateral and building online marketing strategies that generate and convert leads to business.