The business-to-business marketplace is changing. Your Manufacturer’s website has become an instrumental tool you can use to market and sell products online, attract new clients, and use it as a place for both to research and find solutions to their needs.
Why is regular maintenance to manufacturing websites so important?
Because your website is an important part of your company, it needs to be maintained, just like your factory, to keep it running smoothly. Keeping your website running smoothly is required if you expect to attract visitors, and convert them into leads who will ultimately become loyal customers.
Here are some of the things we consider when we perform regular maintenance for our manufacturing clients:
- SEO Research and Optimization: This is critical for manufacturing websites; with 89% of B2B researchers using the internet during their research process, understanding the technical terms that your buyers are likely to use when doing an online search helps us target and update specific keywords so your company continues to have greater visibility online. Data from Google Analytics as well as Google Search Console gives us valuable information that we use in deciding what additional actions are necessary to improve your SEO.
- Security Update: Contact and quote forms are a must-have on manufacturing websites and the information they collect is valuable. Google understands how important it is for websites to secure that information and they will indicate that a page is not secure if it contains a form, but an SSL is not enabled. You should never lose a customer due to an alert that your site is not secure! By testing and reviewing your site for any security issues, we make sure that your manufacturing site is safe. There is also an SEO benefit since SSL is now part of Google’s search ranking algorithm.
- Website Back-up: Back-up is important and must be done regularly. You do not want to lose valuable data. We back up your database daily and do a FULL weekly backup. We perform secure off-site backups of your database and file system so your website can function normally while we work on it. If something goes wrong with the technology, your site can be restored to the most recent backup and you will never lose your valuable work to server or database crashes again!
- Fix Broken Links: These need to be fixed right away! Getting a 404, page not found message, is frustrating for a user; they may bounce and find another site to look at. It can also cause Google to downgrade your website. We make sure all internal and external links are working properly.
- Load Speed: Your website needs to load in less than 3 seconds for the best user experience. Since manufacturing websites should have numerous photos, optimizing the size of photos is one of the ways we can increase your load speed and keep visitors to your site happy.
- Responsiveness: A responsive website adapts to any size device and will be deemed mobile-friendly and moved up in search rankings by Google, while non-mobile optimized websites will start to see a ranking decline in the Google search results. We review, test, and optimize your manufacturing site to keep it mobile- friendly as part of our website maintenance services.
- Updates: The large amounts of information manufacturing websites have can be technical and can change rapidly. Google will only place your company among its top searches if your content is updated frequently. We help our clients keep their content up-to-date by collaborating and reviewing content with them; they can also take advantage of our copywriting services. Additionally, we make sure your CMS is updated to the latest version and make sure all extensions are compatible with it.
We know that as manufacturers, you are continuously looking for ways to improve your operations; let Fingerprint Marketing do the same for your online presence.
Call us for more information on how we can help you improve your website performance and security by keeping it maintained. 425.283.3943