Video Marketing for Manufacturing Businesses
This is part five in our series: Marketing Your Manufacturing Business Online Effectively
Video marketing offers a significant opportunity for manufacturers. All the products, components, and mechanisms can be highlighted much better in a video than strictly in text. Video marketing is the perfect way to introduce exciting, informative, and interactive content to potential customers.
Why Videos are essential to your Marketing Campaign:
- Yes, Videos boost your rating on Google and are a must for your website, but they are also the number one type of media used in marketing campaigns. The top social platforms for businesses to market through video are Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram. (Animoto, 2018) (Source: https://www.hubspot.com/marketing-statistics).
- Video on these platforms pack a powerful punch, but watchers here don’t want to watch anything for very long. We recommend the video length for YouTube be 2-5 minutes, and Facebook and Instagram 15-30 seconds.
- The addition of video helps break up the massive amounts of information manufacturers have available.
- Your competitors are already using video in their campaigns. 87% of industry professionals say they use video as a marketing tool. (Wyzowl, 2019) (Source: https://www.hubspot.com/marketing-statistics). Incorporating video into your marketing strategy will keep you competitive in your field.
- Your buyers are watching videos. In today’s mobile world, consumers want to be able to quickly and easily get information. Watching a quick video is more appealing to a growing number of consumers than reading through content. 64% of consumers say watching a marketing video on Facebook has influenced a purchase decision of theirs in the last month. (Animoto, 2017) (Source: https://www.hubspot.com/marketing-statistics). Besides being the preferred way buyers learn about your product, videos also offer a more personalized understanding of your company and products, which is why they are so successful at influencing buyers to make a purchase.
What Kinds of Videos Should You Use in a Marketing Campaign?
A complete video marketing campaign will not only have great content, but it will also guide a potential buyer through the steps that will ultimately lead to a purchase ––– from first awareness of your brand to consideration and on to a final decision. A video sequence for a product your company manufacturers might look like this:
- Your first video is about introducing your brand. A promotional video highlighting the things that set your brand apart from others. You make these videos to capture your target audience. They are usually fun or exciting and makes your audience want to find out more about your product.
- Next, you can give a bit more information to your interested target audience. By providing and educational video now, you will be able to answer simple, first questions a buyer might have about your product. And your video will come up in their inquiry on YouTube and Google.
- Your potential customers are now aware of your brand and trust that your company is knowledgeable since you have also answered some of their questions in an online search they did. Your third video is about giving them more; more information about your product AND your company. This video is a mini-documentary about your company and shows a more personal side of who you are while still providing information about a product. A story about how a particular product has helped someone or provided a service to the community; this video can be a sequence of multiple videos, each highlighting different products. This type of video has a high rate of being shared among people you are trying to attract.
- This next video in your marketing campaign will give customers detailed technical information they need to compare their options. Your potential customers now want to know all the features and benefits your products offer. Integrating graphs and animation into these videos will help your customers make a decision. Product videos can increase purchases by 144%. (Neil Patel, 2017) (Source: https://www.hubspot.com/marketing-statistics)
- Testimonials are not only important to incorporate into a Website Design for Manufacturers, but also essential to incorporate into your video campaign. This type of video has the same function as they do on your website; they help build trust with customers and help in their decision making. A testimonial in the form of a case study video reassures customers that your product was able to solve a similar problem effectively for someone else.
- Finally, the last video in your sequence of videos for your marketing campaign will give an interested buyer a final reason to go ahead and make a purchase. This video should answer commonly asked questions, but in a more detailed way than in your earlier video (#2 above).
A well planned and executed video marketing campaign will be a valuable tool and reward you with increased sales. 64% of businesses who use video believe that it has directly led to increased sales. Using video not only enhances your website but also delivers brand awareness, and information across all social media platforms, allowing customers easy access to information about your company and what it has to offer. Videos allow customers to see your products in action, and they answer customer’s questions about products without them ever having to drive to a store or pick up a phone.
This post is the fifth in our series of 6 posts dedicated to marketing your manufacturing business online, feel free to navigate through all of these posts: